1. Basic policy on the handling of personal information
ESCON JAPAN REIT Investment Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "ESCON REIT") complies with the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" (2003 Act No. 57 and all amendments after. Hereinafter referred to as "Personal Information Protection Law") and other related laws, regulations and guidelines (combined with "Personal Information Protection Law", hereinafter referred to as "Laws"). ESCON REIT recognizes the importance of protecting personal information and specific personal information (hereinafter referred to as "personal information"), and shall properly handle, protect, and manage personal information.
- Provision of acquisition of personal information
ESCON REIT will acquire personal information only to the extent necessary for, the purpose which ESCON REIT has established and through proper measures. ESCON REIT will not acquire any personal information without the prior consent of the relevant person except as permitted by laws and regulations. ESCON REIT will not acquire any personal information untruthfully, and through other improper measures. ESCON REIT will clarify the purpose of use, once acquiring personal information from an individual directly, through written documents and so forth.
However, in case the purpose of use is clear from the situation or when Laws permit, such indication of usage may be omitted.
- Management of personal information
ESCON REIT strives to keep personal information as accurate and up to date as possible, and to delete those personal information without any delay when they are no longer necessary. ESCON REIT will educate its employees and take necessary measures in accordance with each phase such as acquisition, handling and protection of personal information to appropriately control the acquisition, usage and management of personal information, to prevent unauthorized access, leakage, loss, destruction, and tampering.
2. Usage purpose of personal information
Except as permitted by laws and regulations, ESCON REIT will not handle any personal information acquired beyond the scope of the purposes of use specified in the following cases without the prior consent of the relevant person.
- for the exercise of shareholder’s rights and duties based on the Act on Investment Trusts and Investment Corporations (Act No. 198 of 1948, as amended; the "Investment Trusts Act") and Other related laws and regulations as well as the exercise of ESCON REIT’s rights, duties and related procedure.
- for the preparation and submission of ESCON REIT’s reports, and the preparation and management of shareholders’ information based on the respective standards pursuant to Financial Instruments and Exchange Act（Act No. 25 of 1948, as amended.) and other related laws and regulations.
- To facilitate borrowings by ESCON REIT, to issue investment corporation bonds, to issue additional investment units and to implement fund-raising task.
- for the acquisition, disposition, lease of assets under management and implementation of various tasks such as research,review, collection and analysis of information based on the Investment Trusts Act.
- To analyze market trends, customer satisfaction surveys and product development surveys and analysis
- To provide information, etc. concerning the business of ESCON REIT to shareholders.
- To respond to inquiries, requests for materials, etc. directed at ESCON REIT
- for the verification at the time of transaction on the Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds (Act No.22 of 2007, as amended)
- To perform IR activities and general administrative duties related to ESCON REIT
- To provide personal information to third parties within the scope necessary to achieve or execute relating business to the Usage Purpose described above（1）～（9）
3. Provision of providing personal information to third parties
.ESCON REIT will not provide any personal information to any third parties, except in the following cases:
- When agreed by the relevant person
- When in accordance with laws and regulations
- When necessary for the protection of life, body or property under circumstance having difficulty to obtain a consent from the relevant person in advance.
- When necessary for the improvement of public hygiene or the promotion of healthy growth of children under circumstance having difficulty to obtain a consent from the relevant person in advance.
- When necessary for cooperating with the national or local institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining consent may impede the execution of the operations concerned.
4. Provision of supervision over outsourcers
ESCON REIT may entrust all or part of the handling of personal information, to the extent necessary for achieving the purpose of use. ESCON REIT shall supervise such outsourcers as necessary in order to ensure the strict control of security of personal information entrusted. ESCON REIT shall also oversee weather its appropriate supervision is implemented to re-entrusted parties or not.
5. Handling of sensitive information
ESCON REIT will not acquire, use and provide to any third party sensitive information (“sensitive information” as defined in the Guidelines for Protection of Personal Information in the Financial Sector, including “Personal Information Requiring Attention”, Participation in labor union, Family origin, legal address on family registry, healthcare and sex life（Excluding Personal Information Requiring Attention and information disclosed by the person concerned, the state institutions, local public entities, or the persons set forth in the Personal Information Protection Act or the Ordinance for Enforcement of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or information obtained by visual inspection or photography which can be identified by its presence)）except as permitted by the Guidelines for the protection of personal information in the financial sector.
6. Application for disclosure of personal data
ESCON REIT shall promptly and appropriately respond to requests in accordance with the bill specified by the asset management company, for disclosure, correction, addition, deletion and withdrawal of personal information, after confirmation of identity and ownership.
For further details, apply to the following service desk in paragraph 8. There are cases where we will charge for sending documents as our response to a request for notification of purpose of use or disclosure of retained personal data.
However, ESCON REIT may decide to refuse the disclosure of all or part of the personal data, and inform the reason, in the following cases:
- When it may harm the life, body, property and other rights and interests of the relevant person or a third party.
- When it may result in conspicuous impediment to the business operations of ESCON REIT.
- When it is in violation of laws and regulations.
7. Provision of continuous improvement
8. Inquiries and help desks
Please contact below for questions and requests for disclosure, correction, and suspension of provided personal information. If ESCON REIT receives any complaints about the handling of acquired Personal Information, etc., it will investigate the details in order to deal with them in an appropriate manner within a reasonable period of time.
|ES-CON ASSET MANAGEMENT Ltd. Department of Finance and Control|
The Okura Prestige Tower 20F, 2-10-4, Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0001
|Hours||9:00AM – 5:00PM
(Closed on weekends, holidays and new years)
For inquiries about the unitholders registry, please contact our transfer agent at the number shown below.
|Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank Ltd. Stock Transfer Agency Business Planning Dept.|
2-8-4 Izumi, Suginami-ku, Tokyo, 168-0063, Japan
|Phone||0120-782-031 (Toll-free in Japan)|
|Hours||9:00AM – 5:00PM
(Closed on weekends, holidays and new years)